Località Bulla di Montesanto 1
29028 Ponte dell'Olio - Piacenza (Italia)
The Centre is situated in Bulla di Monte Santo, a small village near the town of Ponte dell’Olio, 30 kilometres south of Piacenza, in the Nure valley. It’s surrounded by oak woods in a peaceful and silent environment in the Appenine foothills, just below a higher hill called Monte Santo, 600 metres above sea level. From the Centre you can reach the peaks of the Appenines, through a number of nature trails, up to a height of 1800 metres.
Here are the directions to reach us by car: exit the highway at Piacenza Sud (south), then follow directions for tangenziale sud, then STADIO: exit the “tangenziale” at the sign STADIO BETTOLA, GRAZZANO VISCONTI, then keep your left, do the roundabout and follow the signs for VAL NURE. Drive on for 30km until you reach a little village called Biana, five km after the town of Pontedellolio. Get off the main road when you reach a little church on your left and go up 200 m. At the next crossroads follow the sign for Montesanto, a little road uphill to the right. After 2 km you will find the sign for PIAN DEI CILIEGI. IMPORTANT: For those arriving from Bologna we suggest you DO NOT follow your Gps because this device will tell you to exit the highway in Fiorenzuola instead of Piacenza Sud, which is the easiest route to reach the Centre.
If you’re coming by plane: take a bus/train from the airport to the Milano Centrale train station (about one hour ride) and take a train to Piacenza (another hour). From the Piacenza train station follow the instructions below.
If you’re coming by train: at the Piacenza station take a bus to Biana (about 50 minutes) which leaves from the bus terminal (not the train station) The direction is either Bettola, Farini, or Selva (bus number E34). To reach the bus terminal you can either walk 10 minutes (on the left of the train station along the tracks) or take a shuttle bus (5 minutes).
You can buy your ticket at the tobacconist at the train station or at the ticket office at the bus terminal, the ticket is 3.70 euros (remember to convalidate it in the bus). Ask the bus driver to drop you off in Biana (which is an optional stop); please remind the driver when the bus gets to Ponte dell'Olio (after about 40 minutes, right after a bridge), as he might forget by the time you get there. Biana is about 10 minutes after Ponte dell'Olio.
If you let us know what bus you're on we can pick you up at the bus stop. The numbers to call are : 0523/878948 (Centre) or 329-1269064 (Gianni). You can also walk up 2 km, but it's very steep.
You can find the bus times HERE, but usually they follow this timetable:
WINTER SCHEDULE (from September to May)
- week-days from Piacenza 6.45 7.55 9.25(change in Ponte dell’Olio) 10.25 (change in Ponte dell’Olio) 11.25 12.45 12.55 13.45(except Saturdays) 13.55 15.05 16.45 17.45 18.15(except Saturdays) 18.45(except Saturdays) 19.15 19.50
- weekdays from Biana:5.26 5.51 6.36 6.51 (except Saturdays) 6.56 7.16 7.51 8.26 9.10 (change in Ponte dell’Olio) 11.06 (change in Ponte dell’Olio) 13.56 14.41 16.56 (except Saturdays) 17.56 18.26
- Sundays and national holidays from train station : 7.23 9.03 12.23 14.48 18.03 19.38
- Sundays and national holidays from Biana: 7.51 11.22 13.36 16.51 18.12
SUMMER SCHEDULE (from June to August)
- week-days from Piacenza 6.45 7.55 9.25 (change in Ponte dell’Olio) 10.25 (change in Ponte dell’Olio) 11.25 12.45 13.55 15.10 16.45 17.45 18.15(except Saturdays) 18.45(except Saturdays) 19.15 19.50
- weekdays from Biana:5.36 6.36 6.51 7.03 7.16 7.51 8.26 9.10 (change inPonte dell’Olio) 11.06 (change in Ponte dell’Olio) 13.06 13.56 14.41 16.56 (except Saturdays) 17.56 18.26
- Sundays and national holidays from train station : 7.53 12.40 15.00 17.10 19.35
- Sundays and national holidays from Biana6.56 11.36 13.56 16.06 18.16
If you want to take a taxi from the train station in Piacenza the cost is about 60 euros (0523 579112).